- Grind Guard
Archtek's Grind Guard is designed for the upper arch for the protection from those who suffer from nighttime teeth grinding.
SHOP GRIND GUARD PRODUCTS NOW!
- Custom fits to the teeth and gums
- Fits most mouth sizes
- Fitting tab to help in forming process
- Soft Thermoplastic material
- Forms in hot water in seconds
- Lasts from 6-8+ months
- 3mm thickness to protect the teeth from the effects of grinding
- Simple to form
- Clinically proven by the University of Washington (see clinical studies tab)
- Dentist approved and recommended
- Low cost alternative to the lab produced splint
- Purchase from local store or online in a pinch
Consult a Dentist If:
You experience new jaw pains or any head or neck stiffness that was not present prior to using the Archtek Grind Guard.
- You experience a significant change in your bite.
- You experience a "clicking" of the jaw and if you have been diagnosed with TMJ/TMD. Use of the Grind Guard is not recommended in these instances.
Care & Maintenance:
- After use, rinse under cool tap water
- If you would like to clean the guard, soak in cool water with cleansing agent of your choice once or more a week.
- Toothpaste, Mouthwash, Fresh Guard, Hydrogen peroxide solution, some Denture Tablets & more
- Keep out of direct sunlight and away from excessive heat
- Store in a vented storage case (like what is provided)
- Dental Bath with Mini Brush is a great way to soak, store, and clean the Grind Guard.
See our Tutorial:
Here at Archtek, Inc. we strive to make the best products for our customers and ensure our products function as intended. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding with our product. Below you will find written instructions for our “Boil and Bite” product line. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know and we will do our best to help you.
The Archtek, Inc. Family
How to Fit a Dental Guard / Grind Guard™:
For best results we suggest you first test the molding process in your mouth and practice sucking the air, water and saliva out of the Guard before you start the heating process. Once you get the feel for what you will do when the guard is ready to mold, you can start the process of heating water. Bring about 4 inches of water to a boil and once the water is boiling, turn the heat source off, remove the water from the heat source and let it sit for a minute or two so it can cool slightly.
Securely hold 1 Guard by the triangular tab on the guard and gently place the guard in the water. While still holding on to the tab and keeping the tab above the water, wave the guard in the water for no longer than 10 seconds. You should see the guard start to appear more clear, soft, and droopy. Do not let go of the tab while dipping the guard in the warm water!
Once you have heated the guard and softened it, carefully put the guard in your mouth, fitting it to the top teeth. Gently press the guard to your teeth with your fingers and without biting down at all. Suck all of the air, saliva and water out of the guard and suction it to your teeth as tight as you can. Hold it on your teeth and press with your tongue and fingers as well to maintain a tight seal. Remove the guard from your mouth carefully after about 30 seconds to a minute and rinse under cold water. The guard should be formed tightly to your teeth and if you have a smaller mouth, then you can cut the guard with scissors to better fit your gingival margin. If the edges are rough, you can put the guard in warm water to smooth the edges.
If the guard does not fit to your satisfaction, you can repeat the steps again and try to make sure you get the best fit with the guard. Once you are satisfied with your fit, go ahead and cut the triangular tab with scissors to remove the tab. Again, if the edge is sharp from cutting it put some warm water on the edge or use a file and it will smooth out.
**Only wear one Guard at a time and clean with cool water with a cleaning substance of your choice.